26.10.10

RED, WHITE, & BLUE - Simon Rumley

Status:  TWC On Demand

Starring:  Noah Taylor
               Amanda Fuller
               Marc Senter

             A wannabe rockstar with a heart, a girl who acts out childhood terror in her abusive sex life, and a man who could maim a nun without blinking come together in Texas, USA. 









 

NOTES:  Another film from IFC Midnight's Fantastic Fest.  The trailers I've watched of this movie in broad daylight make me uncomfortable.  The director is well known in indy film circles for his haunting family drama The Living and the Dead.  I haven't seen that film yet, but it is certainly in my Netflix Queue.  The sex and violence in this movie promise to be ragged, and revolting.  I went through 'Fucked Up Period' in my film watching career, which was filled with Jack Ketchum adaptations and lots of 60's and 70's exploitation films.  Since then, I have tried to abstain from the grotesque because it honestly seemed to mess with my psyche.  If I get a second wind though, this will be top on my list; after which I'll probably watch Monsters Inc. or something.



No comments: