27.10.10

BLACK SWAN - Darren Aronofsky

Status:  Release Scheduled for December 3, 2010

Starring:  Natalie Portman
               Mila Kunis
               Winona Ryder
               Vincent Cassel

       Natalie Portman is a ballerina under immense amounts of pressure to perform perfectly, satisfy her mentor in many ways, and prove to her rival that she deserves to be on top.  As Portman becomes strangled by the stress, she starts seeing something evil.  Regardless of whether or not it truly exists or is a representation of her desperation, it is malicious, and powerful enough to take her for everything she's got.




NOTES:  Aronofsky is well known for his surreal, and intense cinema (Requiem For A Dream).  I adore Natalie Portman, in her acting strength, and fearlessness for such a small woman.  I'm hoping Mila Kunis will redeem herself from the clusterfuck that was Max Payne (not entirely her fault, but my hatred for that film runs deep).  I think Vincent Cassel is perfect for the arrogant, European-man-whore teacher; even if I myself find him as sexually appealing as Gilbert Gottfried.  The ending will make or break this movie.  Is she insane, and if so, will she be violent inwardly, or outwardly.  Is it supernatural?  Is she really turning in to a demon or is one after her? Or are Kunis and Cassel just fucking with her?  I am sure I will love the cinematography, the music and the mood.  But dropping the ball on this ending will force me to add another name to my "Dean Koontz: and Other Celebrity Blow Hards I Will Punch In The Face' list.

1 comment:

Stacie Sells said...

we have to see this movie!!!