21.10.10

HIGH LANE (VERTIGE) - Abel Ferry

   Status:  TWC On Demand

   Starring:  Fanny Valette
                 Johan Libereau
                 Raphael Lenglet
                 Nicolas Giraud
                 Maud Wyler
                 Justin Blanckaert

          
           A group of French girl scout and boy scout    graduates decide to be get back to nature; and  leave the dangers of the modern techy age to go  rock climbing in the middle of God's green earth.  Un, they are hunted by a savvy  wilderness type who prefers blood red,  to conservation green.  The group must throw aside their tree hugging tendancies and urge to run away to fight the hunter if they decide they want to live.

Notes:  Part of the newly convened IFC Midnight's Fanastic Fest, the film conjures memories of The Descent and Wrong Turn.  However that may not be a bad thing, considering I love both films.  My real reservation: it's French, and as much as I appreciate the dubbing to lessen language distractions like subtitles, I remain strong in my dislike of the French.  Maybe, much like INSIDE, this movie will make even me, smile instead of spit at the French.